Meeting and convention centers are keen on technology, especially considering the continued analysis which shows technology leads to increased customer booking and engagement.
Corbin Ball Associates published seven predictions for 2017 focused on meeting and convention technology trends:
- Social media channels are targeting events with a focus on video and live streaming.
- Data analytics will enhance the attendee experience and will greatly improve events.
- Software integration tools may become the answer to a beginning-to-end event planning software solution.
- Marketing automation finally incorporates events.
- Engagement becomes an increasingly key component to events.
- Virtual reality and augmented reality are starting to make headway at events.
- Facial recognition, biometrics and sentiment analysis will be used to measure attendees' mood, engagement and demographics.
Additional information on these predictions is available online.
As we've reported before, this is great news for the designers, installers and manufacturers of meeting space technology. Continued value will only fuel increased investment, and increased investment will fuel innovation and deployment.