HDMI w/ ARC & IR over Twisted Pair Cable Extender Set -- 70m
Replaced by the TL-TP70-HDARC
HDMI cables are great for transmitting audio and video signals short distances, but larger buildings and larger rooms often need electronics inline to ensure signal performance. Simply pulling a long HDMI cable or connecting multiple HDMI cables together can cause signal drop out, interference, pixelation and a host of other signal and performance problems.
The TL-TP70-HDIR replaces a traditional HDMI cable with active electronics designed specifically for sending video signals up to 230 feet. Plus, built-in IR control signal embedding allow you to also transmit bi-directional IR commands with the HDMI stream.In actual practice, this means you can use the TL-TP70-HDIR to send audio and video signals from your source device (often a switcher, cable box, or DVD player) to your destination device (often a display or projector) and control the source device remotely...all using a single twisted pair cable. In other words, you can install your source device in a remote closet or cabinet and control it with the same remote control used for your display. Now that’s a clean installation!
- Technical Features
- Transmit HDMI & IR over a single twisted pair cable
- Extend 1080p HD up to 230 ft. (70m.)
- Extend 4K@30 HD up to 130 ft. (40m.)
- Embedded bi-directional IR control
- System powered from either the transmitter or receiver
- Audio Return Channel (ARC)
- Run a twisted pair patch cord with RJ45 connectors (see TL-TP6S-RJ) between your source device and destination device.
- Connect the TL-TP70-HDIR transmitter (included in the package) to your source device with an HDMI cable.
- Connect the TL-TP70-HDIR receiver (included in the package) to your destination device with an HDMI cable.
- Optionally connect the ARC and IR control ports if you need audio return de-embedding or control.
- Connect the twisted pair patch cord with RJ45 connectors (see TL-TP6S-RJ) to the twisted pair input ports on the TL-TP70-HDIR transmitter and receiver.
- Connect the power supply (included in the package) to the DC 12V port on either the TL-TP70-HDIR transmitter or receiver.
- Connect the power supply (included in the package) to an AC outlet or power source.
What comes in the package?Each TL-TP70-HDIR package includes one transmitter, one receiver, one power supply, and an installation guide.
Can I transmit signals longer than the specified maximum distance?The maximum recommended distance for the TL-TP70-HDIR is 230 ft. for 1080p signals and 130 ft. for 4K@30 signals. We don’t recommend exceeding these distances, nor do we guarantee performance beyond the rated specifications.
What if I am running 480i/p or 720p video? Can I send signals further than 230 ft.?We really don’t recommend it. The product is designed to max out at 230 ft.
Do I need to power the unit?Yes, we include a power supply that needs to be connected to the transmitter or the receiver—you choose which. You do not need to power both ends.
Do I need to purchase a premade twisted pair patch cable, or can I use the cable I already have?We offer premade patch cables that are certified for performance, but you don’t need to use them. A bulk shielded twisted pair cable terminated with shielded connectors should work fine…provided the cable is Cat 5e, Cat 6 or better.
Is shielding on the cable and connectors really necessary?Not necessarily, but it really stinks to pull your cable, seal up the wall, connect your devices and then realize you have electrical interference that is destroying the integrity of your signal. Lots of installations use twisted pair extenders with standard, unshielded cable; however, we don’t warrant the product or guarantee performance unless shielded cables with shielded connectors are installed. Call it a safety net to ensure your system works properly for years to come.
Seriously, is interference that big of deal?You bet. Both electrical magnetic and radio frequency interference can wreak havoc on digital audio and video signals being transmitted over copper cables—and twisted pair cable (Cat 5e, Cat 6, etc.) is a copper-based system. Think of it as a giant antenna gobbling up all of the stray noise in your building. Shielded cable helps insulate the cable from the noise, and the shielded connectors help drain off any noise that’s collected—just make sure the shielding on the connectors is attached to the shielding on the cables.
Man, EM and RF interference sounds terrible. Is there anything else I can do?Absolutely…1) run your twisted pair cable in its own conduit; 2) keep electrical cables at least 1 ft. or 0.3m away from the twisted pair cable, and if you have to cross cables make sure to do so at a 90 degree angle; 3) don’t bundle the twisted pair cable with other cables that are carrying voltage (this includes electrical cables, speaker cables, and control cables).
Do you offer a warranty on this device?We sure do. It’s a standard one year limited warranty. Extended warranties are available from our integration partners and certified resellers. But remember…use that shielded cable and those shielded connectors!
TechLogix SKU# 1001-0101