Tactical fiber, also known as "military-grade" fiber, has become a popular solution in commercial, broadcast, production, rental/staging, and even residential applications. Why? Because its unique construction makes it:
- Water resistant,
- UV resistant,
- Crush and trample resistant,
- Tear, slice and puncture resistant,
- Durable and pliable for unspooling and re-spooling, and
- Resistant to chemicals, salts and other corrosive materials.
It's essentially a do-all cable that stands up to rough environments and demanding applications. Plus, its black jacket helps it blend into installations better than industry-standard aqua colored multimode or yellow colored single mode fiber.
TechLogix offers tactical fiber in bulk constructions (jacketed fiber that can be pulled and easily terminated in the field) and premade constructions (pre-terminated fiber that comes spooled with pull-mesh).
Premade cables built with tactical fiber feature a water-resistant outer jacket, spring tube braiding, treated kevlar yarn, stainless steel armor, and bend-insensitive fiber. Since the cables are factory terminated, premade cables typically ship with fully-capped pull mesh providing protection for the connectors and a 130 lb. short term pull-rating.
Bulk tactical cables, or those terminated in the field, are built with Cleerline SSF™ technology making them much stronger than premades and/or traditional fiber. Bulk tactical fiber is 10,000x more durable than traditional fiber, 10x more pliable, and boasts almost twice the pull rating. However, to effectively terminated it in the field, tactical bulk fiber does not offer the spring tube braiding or armoring of premades.
Tactical fiber serves different roles in different applications:
- Broadcast, rental and staging professionals use tactical for short-term or mobile installations because it can be easily unspooled and re-spooled and offers an extremely long life even with excessive handling;
- Military professionals use tactical for mission-critical installations because of its durability and reliability; and
- Commercial AV and residential AV professionals use tactical in prewires and rough-ins because of its protective armoring, as well as outdoor applications because of its water and UV resistance.
Tactical fiber is one of the fastest growing categories in TechLogix's product portfolio -- a portfolio which not only includes bulk and premade fiber, but also the accessories to help deploy it in real-world installations.
Tactical fiber spools are one of many special order accessories available from TechLogix
Tactical bulk fiber can be configured and ordered using our online Bulk Fiber Specification Tool.
Tactical premades can be configured and ordered using our online Premade Specification Tool.