TL-FO2-VLC replaces TL-FO2-HDC
TechLogix released a new HDMI over fiber extender set -- the TL-FO2-VLC -- which replaces the existing TL-FO2-HDC. All future designs and sales will be transitioned to the new model effective January 1, 2020.
The FO2-VLC features identical performance and features to the FO2-HDC, including:
- HDMI, bi-directional RS232 and bi-directional IR transmission over duplex multimode or single mode fiber
- Multimode fiber extension up to 984 ft. (300m)
- Single mode fiber extension up to 6.2 miles (10km)
- 4K60 4:4:4 HDR support (18G HDMI)
- Swappable SFP+ fiber modules
- LC fiber connectors
- Automatic compression/decompression of signals over 9G
- Complete immunity to RF, EM, static electricity, surges and lightning
The main difference between the units is the chassis size and device compatibility. The FO2-VLC features a narrower profile with built-in mounting ears, as well as dip switches to toggle different modes of operation.
TechLogix has also made the FO2-VLC available in three stock kits:
- The TL-FO2-VLC-MM extender set is compatible with multimode fiber (OM3/4/5) and has a distance limit of 300m (984 feet).
- The TL-FO2-VLC-SM extender set is compatible with single mode fiber (OS2) and has a distance limit of of 10km (6.2 miles).
- The TL-FO2-VLC extender set is the base extender without included SFP+ fiber modules (integrator must supply a compatible model).
Additional information is available on www.tlnetworx.com.