Fiber Optic Visual Fault Locator (VFL) -- 1mW
The TechLogix TL-VFL-1MW is a compact fiber optic visual fault locator (affectionately known as a "VFL") that's ideal for locating breaks and out-of-spec bends in a fiber optic cable. It's also a crucial tool for verifying mechanical fiber optic connectors are terminated properly and identifying strands during splicing and/or patching.
The VFL-1MW features a 1mW output which drives a visible laser signal up to 5km. Plus, two modes of operation -- continuous wave output and flashing wave output -- help identify different strands and cable runs.
The VFL-1MW features battery power and a 2.5mm universal connector, which is designed for use with SC, ST and FC style connectors (integration with LC style connectors requires a 2.5mm to 1.25mm adapter). Both single mode and multimode fiber are supported.
TechLogix offers special order VFL models for signal distances over 5km. Please contact the factory for details.
- Technical Features
- 1mW visible wave output
- Up to 5km max signal transmission
- Ideal for locating out-of-spec bends & breaks in fiber optic cabling
- Ideal for verifying proper fiber optic connector termination
- Ideal for toning & tracing fiber optic cable runs & strands
- Battery powered (2 x AA) with 18 hour average battery life
- Built-in dust cap
- Metal construction
- Continuous wave & pulsed wave modes of operation
- 650nm wavelength
- Compatible with SC, ST & FC style connectors (LC connectors require an adapter)
- Compatible with both single mode & multimode fiber
- Includes carry case
2.5mm to 1.25mm LC adapter
Adapt the VFL-1MW connector from 2.5mm to 1.25mm for use with LC connectors
- Plug the VFL into your fiber optic connector.
- Power the VFL on.
- Don't look at the light. Laser light is bad for your eyes. Seriously. Very bad. Very, very bad.
Will this tool work with both multimode and single mode fiber and accessories?Yes.
Part# SKU# Description TL-VFL-1MW 1004-0246 Visual Fault Locator -- 1mW output for 5km signal distribution