3 Reasons Video Is Crucial To The Future Of The AV Industry
There are a lot of opinions on whether audio or video is more important to user experience. Try watching a horror movie on mute. Does it have the same impact? How about remote collaboration? Does audio or video conferencing create a more immersive experience?
However, when it comes to the actual future of the industry the Huffington Post is betting on video. They recently posted three reasons why video is critical to the future of the audio-visual industry:
1. VaaS (Video-as-a-Service) Adoption Will Continue to Drive Industry Opportunities. Video conferencing is permeating not only our corporate lives, but also our personal lives. As summarized in the article, "connecting and collaborating via video is and will continue to be crucial in the evolution of the AV industry."
2. Online Sales & Marketing Videos Must Meet Consumer Demand for Internet-Based Video Consumption. Online video stats are surprising:
- 1/3 of all online activity is spent watching video
- 90% of users say that product videos are helpful in the decision process
- Due to the high level of consumer engagement, 92% of B2B marketers use video in some capacity in their marketing campaigns (of which 73% report positive results to their ROI)
Simply put, "by adopting a video first sales and marketing strategy, players in the AV industry will continue to remain top of mind for many years to come."
3. Video of the Future Could Be the Next Disruptive Technology. Augmented reality and virtual reality depend heavily on video, and the bet is that video will continue to play a role of increasing importance.
The complete article, including a nifty infographic, is available online.