Application Guide: Classroom AV Signal Management & Display Control
Unfortunately, technology in classrooms and meeting rooms is often more frustrating than effective. Enter the CAV Room System from TechLogix. Each CAV system is designed to be affordable, easy-to-install, intuitive to use, and powerfully effective as a presentation and room AV signal management tool. The system includes a wallplate controller, a wallplate input panel, and a walling or ceiling mount receiver/processor. All three devices completely manage the room’s audio, video and control and intuitively connect using a standard twisted pair cable.
The single CAV part number replaces hours of design and installation work, and the all-in system price is unrivaled in the education and corporate AV technology markets.
- Complete room system for presentations and learning
- Combines audio/video management, control, audio amplification, interactive whiteboard integration and network management
- Simple installation of only three devices that connect with a single twisted pair cable
- Ideal for K-12 and higher education classrooms
- Includes a wallplate transmitter, wallplate controller and surface-mount receiver/processor
- Options for HDMI and VGA source integration
- Automatic or manual signal switching
- USB pass-through for interactive whiteboard integration
- Mic/line input for audio enhancement
- HDMI output with audio de-embedding
- Built-in 2/20W 4 ohm amplifier
The CAV system includes a wallplate transmitter, wallplate controller and surface-mount receiver/processor. All three devices connect using a standard shielded twisted pair cable, such as Cat 5e or Cat 6. The connected system provides connections for two video sources, one audio source (such as a microphone), and a high-speed USB pass-through. The system provides a switched video output to a connected display or projector, as well as an amplified audio output and a line level audio output.
The wallplate controller provides volume and muting control, source selection and system on/off control. The unit connects via a single shielded twisted pair cable to the wallplate transmitter.
The wallplate transmitter provides two video connections. These connections can be HDMI and/or VGA+audio depending on the CAV system model. The wallplate transmitter also features a high-speed USB pass-through connection for signals relayed from the receiver/processor. The bridges the connections between the wallplate controller and receiver/processor -- one shielded twisted pair cable cable connects the wallplate controller and one shielded twisted pair cable connects the receiver/processor.
The receiver/processor manages the system logic and outputs audio, video, USB and control signals. The unit connects via a single shielded twisted pair cable to the wallplate transmitter.