TechLogix Launches Backwards Compatible USB Cable
- Fiber-based USB cables
- Male Type A USB connector to Female Type A USB connector
- Compatible with USB 3.0 (SuperSpeed), USB 2.0 (hi-speed) & USB 1.1 (full-speed) devices
- No power required (completely powered by USB bus)
- Plenum jacket
- Available lengths: 3m, 5m, 8m, 10m, 15m
- Plug-and-play – no drivers required
- Interference-free performance
- Four strand multimode OM3 construction – supports re-termination in the field
TechLogix is expanding their MOFO™ Series of fiber-based USB cables with the 3-2-1 line which simultaneously supports SuperSpeed, Hi-Speed and Full-Speed USB transmission in a single cable.
Historically, USB cables either supported SuperSpeed (USB 3.0) or Hi-Speed/Full-Speed (USB 2.0/1.1) due to chipset incompatibilities. MOFO™ 3-2-1 cables employ proprietary processing providing support for backwards and forwards USB standards, allowing a single cable to be used no matter the USB device.
MOFO™ 3-2-1 cables feature a plenum-rated jacket, are immune to interference, are completely powered by the USB bus and are available in lengths of 3m, 5m, 8m, 10m and 15m. Plus, MOFO™ cables are built with four strands of re-terminable multimode fiber allowing cable runs to be upgraded and re-purposed in the future using standard fiber optic tools and connectors.