DVI over Fiber Optic Cable Extender
DVI cables are great for transmitting digital video signals short distances, but larger buildings and larger rooms often need electronics inline to ensure signal performance. Simply pulling a long DVI cable or connecting multiple DVI cables together can cause signal drop out, interference, pixelization and a host of other signal and performance problems.
The TL-FO-DVI replaces a traditional DVI cable with active electronics designed specifically for sending video signals up to 1,000 feet. Simply connect the TL-FO-DVI transmitter to your source device (often a switcher, matrix, video processor or computer), connect the TL-FO-DVI receiver to your destination device (often a display or projector), connect the two units with a fiber optic patch cord (sold separately), and connect the power supplies.
Unlike boosters or twisted pair extenders, the TL-FO-DVI uses fiber optic technology that is immune to outside electrical interference and will better future-proof your facility.
- Technical Features
- Transmit DVI over a fiber optic patch cable
- Extend 1080p video up to 1,000 ft. (300m.)
- Extend 1920x1200 video up to 1,000 ft. (300m.)
- LC connectors on both the transmitter and receiver
- Male DVI connectors for direct connection to devices
- Single or multimode fiber compatible
- Powered via USB or standard AC
- Single fiber cable transmission
- Immune to RF and EM interference
- Run a fiber optic patch cord with LC connectors between your source device and destination device.
- Plug the TL-FO-DVI transmitter (included in the package) directly into the DVI output port of your source device.
- Plug the TL-FO-DVI receiver (included in the package) directly into the DVI input port of your destination device.
- Connect the fiber optic patch cord with LC connectors to the input ports on the TL-FO-DVI transmitter and receiver.
- Connect power cords (included in the package) to the PWR ports on the TL-FO-DVI transmitter and receiver.
- Connect the power cords (included in the package) to an AC outlet or power source.
What comes in the package?Each TL-FO-DVI package includes one transmitter, one receiver, two power supplies, and an installation guide.
Can I transmit signals longer than the specified maximum distance?The maximum recommended distance for the TL-FO-DVI is 1,000 ft. (300m.). We don’t recommend sending signals further, nor do we guarantee performance beyond the rated specifications.
Do I need to power the unit?Yes, both the TL-FO-DVI transmitter and receiver require power. Power cables and power supplies are included.
Do I need to use AC power, or can I use USB power?The TL-FO-DVI can be powered via USB, which is very convenient if your source or destination device have USB outputs. Just make sure the USB power output supports a 5VDC / 1A connection.
Do I need to purchase a premade fiber optic patch cable, or can I use the cable I already have?We offer premade patch cables that are certified for performance, but you don’t need to use them. Any bulk multimode or single mode cable terminated with LC connectors will work (provided you terminate and test the cable correctly).
I noticed fiber technology is more expensive than other technologies, is it worth it?We think so. Fiber is immune to interference and supports way more bandwidth than copper-based technologies. This results in better overall performance and future-proofs your installation for single formats in the coming years. Trust us, you don’t want to have to pull a different cable when next year’s displays come out.
Do you offer a warranty on this device?We sure do. It’s a standard one year limited warranty. Extended warranties are available from our integration partners and certified resellers.
TechLogix SKU# 1002-0102