TechLogix bulk fiber is getting a lot of attention, especially in the audio-visual and security markets where signal bandwidth and distance is a common concern.
Historically, fiber optic cable was expensive, fragile and very hard to handle; however, TechLogix's unique SSF™ technology has reinvented fiber installation, allowing integrators with limited experience and limited budgets to successful integrate fiber-based systems.
What makes TechLogix bulk fiber different?
Strength during installation....10,000x more strength than traditional fiber to be specific....
- An innovative polymer coating on the fiber core provides a 3mm bend-radius, allowing the fiber to literally be tied in knots without breaking. Traditional fiber features a bend radius of up to 30mm and tends to break when bent or coiled.
- That same polymer restricts cracks from forming and spreading during handling and weathering, ensuring TechLogix fiber survives rough installations and years of use in tough environments.
- Integrated kevlar yarn provides a 220 lb. pull-rating.
Safe handling....no protective equipment required....
- TechLogix fiber won't shatter or shard during installation, even when cutting and cleaving the fiber strand.
- In fact, TechLogix SSF™ fiber is so safe the actual fiber strand can be handled with bare hands, including the removal of the 250um acrylate/soft peel protective coating.
- Safety means speed and TechLogix fiber reliably terminates in under 1 minute with only basic training.
- Plus, the integrated polymer completely eliminates the need to clean and polish the fiber strand prior to termination.
Lower cost of installation...
- Traditionally, integrators would pull multi-strand fiber when only simplex or duplex was required. Multiple strands provided redundancy when fibers would break during installation -- a common problem due to the fragile nature of glass. TechLogix's innovative polymer coating provides industry-leading strength, durability and pliability thereby eliminating the need to pull redundant strands.
- Easier handling also means less tools and a complete basic termination kit only costs around $500.
Not convinced? See TechLogix fiber in action.
TechLogix offers SSF™ bulk fiber in a wide range of formats and constructions. The most popular versions are duplex riser and duplex plenum; however, micro-distribution, tactical, direct burial and simplex are also available through our online configurator.
Learn more with online videos: